How to Plan Your Volunteer Trip
You have made an excellent choice! A service-learning trip to New Orleans can be a rewarding, productive, and life-changing experience. You will experience extraordinary opportunities to form bonds of care and commitment with the members of your group and the many New Orleans-area partners with whom you will engage.
You can plan an exciting volunteer trip to New Orleans in nine easy steps!
- Contact our Scheduler to reserve dates for your visit: firstname.lastname@example.org or call (504) 866-4170.*
*Please note - for Youth Groups, we require a one-to-one guardian/parent for youth age 14 and 15. We regret that we cannot accept volunteers under age 14, except for our Family Programs. Be aware that you will need to coordinate your own transportation while in New Orleans.
- Send in your reservation fee ($25 per spot reserved) upon receipt of your invoice. Please make your check payable to the Center for Ethical Living and Social Justice Renewal or CELSJR.
The Center is available for $40/night/volunteer. This includes lodging, meals, & our curriculum. Our facility can host up to 54 people at once, so we often have multiple volunteer groups staying with us concurrently. Many groups find the experience of eating, learning, and working together with other groups from across the country to be incredibly rewarding. Check out our Prezi https://prezi.com/re5pd65wee9s/center-for-ethical-living-intro-celsjr/ for more details!
- E-mail one Meal Form and one Group Information form per group to email@example.com
- Yes! The meal plan, programming, and volunteering experiences are all included in the housing cost per day! Can you believe it? What a deal! Please remember to fill out the Meal Form as completely as possible so we can offer you tasty hospitality.
- Start talking together about your trip. Listen to each other about what excites you most, what you are hoping to learn, what you already know and want to share with others. Listen to WWOZ (www.wwoz.org) for a taste of New Orleans music. Think about what restaurants you want to visit, what sights you want to see while you are here, as well as what local stories you are curious about.
- Fundraise for your trip! We have found many excellent fundraising ideas for youth groups here: http://www.fundraising-ideas.org/DIY/
- Send in a deposit for 50% of your group's total cost by the due date on your group’s invoice. Please make your check payable to the Center for Ethical Living and Social Justice Renewal or CELSJR. Deposits are non-refundable if you cancel within two weeks of your scheduled arrival.
- The balance of your group’s invoice is due upon arrival, as well completed Registration Forms and Liability Waivers for each member of your group. You are also most welcome to send in the balance of your invoice and the forms for your group before your arrival. Please mail to:
Center for Ethical Living and Social Justice Renewal
2903 Jefferson Avenue
New Orleans, LA 70115
- Pack mindfully and travel safely! We are looking forward to hosting you!